Wednesday, June 19, 2013

St. Louis Girls’ Trip

"Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff." 

I read this quote a couple of weeks ago on Modern Mom. It really resonated with me. Isabella is always telling me some silly story or joke or whatever and a lot of the time I’m busy and preoccupied and only half listening to what she is saying. Lately, though, I’ve made more of an effort to slow down and really listen to her. I think it has improved our relationship. That’s saying something, considering she’s eleven. She loves to be the focus of my attention.

So, during my long hiatus, Bella and I made a girls' trip to St. Louis while Jimmy was in Haiti on a mission trip for two weeks. We had a great time! We just shopped and went to American Girl and The City Museum, which is incredible. Bella is already planning to go back and take some friends. She was really the perfect age to go. She’s big enough she could climb through the tunnels and me not be worried the whole time. The place is basically an artistic playground with tunnels, sculptures, mosaics, and giant slides.

IMG_2827 IMG_2828 IMG_2830 IMG_2863IMG_2834 IMG_2835 IMG_2838 IMG_2843 IMG_2845 IMG_2855 IMG_2857 IMG_2858 IMG_2859   IMG_2865 IMG_2868 IMG_2870 IMG_2860

We had a great time! If you’re ever in St. Louis, I definitely recommend the City Museum, but only if your child is older like Isabella. I don’t think it would be great for younger children. I know some parents who took their little ones and were a nervous wreck the whole time. There are tunnels everywhere and small children could easily get lost.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment