Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Random

We’ve been really busy lately, so I haven’t been blogging much. I have been subbing a lot and I am getting ready to cover a maternity leave that will last until the end of the school year. So, the last few days I’ve been laying low. I’m taking a few days off before I get really busy! I don’t know how I used to do it all. Up until this year, I worked full time (with a 45 minute commute, no less) and still managed to do everything I’m doing now! Since I’ve been subbing, 3 or 4 days in a row feels like a full week!

We’ve had some sad things that have happened recently, but we’ve also gotten some really exciting news. As I’ve mentioned before, Jimmy is quite a bit older than me and all of his children are grown and married. He already has grandchildren from his oldest son, but we just found out this past week that his daughter and her husband are expecting! We are really thrilled! She is already 13 weeks, they waited a long time to tell everyone, so it means even less time we’ll have to wait to meet this little one. I am really excited because it will be the first one of Jimmy’s grandchildren born since we’ve been married….and his daughter’s husband is also my second cousin. So, this little tot will be my step-grandchild as well as my second cousin once removed.  I know, it’s a little weird!  Jimmy and I met through them, though. They were dating and we met at my cousin’s gradution  party from Chiropractic School. My cousin and I are the same age, so he’s about 10 years older than Jimmy’s daughter, and Jimmy is 22 years older than me. (Age means nothing to us!! Haha!). We’re just one big, happy family!
 
On another note, I am resolving to eat better. I have tried every diet out there and they all work if….you stick with them. That’s the part I have trouble with. For the last few years, my go-to diet when I wanted to lose weight in a short amount of time was the low-carb diet. It works for me and I managed to fit into my wedding dress on this diet. I hate it, though. It’s not a diet I can keep up long-term. I can’t go without bread and sweets forever! So, what I really need is a diet, or change in eating plan, that is going to allow me to eat real food but also one that I can keep up with long-term. I eat healthy food and I love fruits and vegtables, but I also like junk food too.  And, I eat when I’m bored or stressed. I would really like to get this junk food habit under control because lately I feel like it’s pretty out of control and I’ve gained weight. My clothes are tight and getting ready to go anywhere is a major chore! I have a calorie counting app on my phone that I really like . If I keep up with it, I do pretty good. I have to measure and count everything very diligently or I won’t stick with it. I have to start off good in the morning and keep it up all day because if I blow it at all, the rest of my day is shot! I’ll eat whatever for the rest of the day, telling myself I’ll do better tomorrow, and who knows when '”tomorrow” will actually be. I’m all or nothing when it comes to dieting. It’s really frustrating. It’s totally a mental thing. I have read countless articles, blogs, magazines, and books on the subject. Not many make that much of an impact, but the book Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure was really great and helped me a lot. It was a couple of years ago that I read it and I think I need to read it again. She approaches dieting from a spiritual perspective and it really resonated with me. And, doesn’t she look great now!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment