Thursday, January 31, 2013

Downtown/Lowertown

My dad is doing pretty good, considering the major surgery he’s had.  I spent most of the morning at the hospital after I dropped Isabella off at school. Mom wanted to get out of the hospital for a little while so we went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant near the hospital. It’s a really good one and I used to go there a lot when I lived in the area.

After I took Mom back to the hospital, I had some time to kill before I had to pick Bella up from school, so I went Downtown. The Downtown area is really neat. It’s a river town and the Downtown area is right on the river. There are a lot of antique shops, restaurants, and galleries. About ten years ago there was a movement to renovate some of the houses in what they call Lowertown. Lowertown basically borders the downtown area but it’s more residential except for the galleries and coffee shops. Lowertown started as a revitalization effort. There were a lot of old historic homes that were run down and unoccupied. They sold them to artists at low prices in order for them to be restored and to draw people into the area. It’s beautiful now and I love going down there! I picked up a nice framed print from an antique shop called Courtyard Antiques and then stopped at Kirchhoff’s Bakery for a cappuccino and cookies. It was a really nice day! Bella liked the cookies too!



 Kirchhoff's Bakery

An antiques store on Market Square - Paducah
Courtyard Antiques 


My new print


Street view of the Downtown area




XOXO, Candice

{Image 1: flickr.com, Image 2: members.virtualtourist.com, Image 3 &4 by me}
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment