Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Biltmore

In the spirit of Downton Abbey, I thought I'd share some of my pictures from the Biltmore in Asheville, North Carolina. It was built by the Vanderbilt’s and was modeled after the great estates in Europe. Every time I watch Downton Abbey, it reminds me of our trip there. The way the place is decorated and how the house is laid out is much like it is on the show. The formality of the rooms as well as the kitchens and staff quarters are very similar. It is very grand and I've never been anywhere remotely like it. I highly recommend it to anyone!

We stayed at a bed & breakfast/ winery in the mountains of North Carolina on our honeymoon in 2010. On our way home, we spent one night in Asheville and spent the day at the Biltmore. It's absolutely beautiful and huge! It's miles from the main road to the actual house. We loved it and had a fun day exploring. (You can’t take pictures inside the house, though). The food is also wonderful! They have several restaurants on the grounds. The one we ate at was really good! The chocolate bread pudding was to-die-for!

Jimmy and I on a bridge

The fountain in front of the house

The Biltmore
 The Biltmore
 Jimmy in front of Lady Biltmore's car

A pretty pond
 a waterfall

Side view of the gardens
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment