Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snow Day!


School was cancelled today. We had a light dusting of snow yesterday evening, so they called school. It's really not that bad out, though. Isabella is already acting bored. I guess she'd rather be at school. Ha! She loves her friends. This is the first year she has been in public school and she loves having lots of kids/friends in her class. Her class last year only had two kids, her and another boy. She loved it, she played with kids from the class below hers, which was my class. I taught and she attended a really small, artsy private school. It was great! She's in Fifth grade this year and they decided not to have a Fifth grade because her class was so small last year. It was a forty-five minute drive to school everyday, so I decided not to go back as well. I've just been subbing in the district we live in. I love the time off I get and the flexibilty of the schedule but I don't really like subbing that much. It's hard to walk into someone else's classroom, especially when you've had your own for five years.



Bella in her Mizzou shirt



Our school district does the No Excuses University program. It's a program implemented to promote higher education. Each classroom in the district gets to pick a college to represent their classroom. Isabella's class is Missouri. They wear their team shirts on Fridays.

Well, I have an eleven year old to entertain on this boring snow day. Her words, not mine!

XOXO, Candice




 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment